Since a lot of people were wondering and asking about how do you install a portable air conditioner in a sliding glass door? I thought to myself why not write an article on it. So, people’s doubts and misunderstandings would be cleared forever.
So, Now let’s talk about how do you install a portable air conditioner in a sliding glass door. You see there’s a lot of ways of installing a portable air conditioner at your place.
Many people prefer to install their portable ac units in a window or a wall Because it is an easy process. But we’re here to talk about installing a portable ac in a sliding glass door, Which is very rare and unheard of for many people.
But as always anything is possible you can install portable air conditioning through a glass door. Just for that, you must follow a few important steps before taking any decision or action and also remember there’s a huge risk in it.
Many people have failed miserably and just can’t get the job done, the reason they failed at it is because of the lack of technique and trick.
|Table of Content|
|1. Right Way To Install Portable AC In a Sliding Glass Door|
|2. What should be the sliding door size|
|3. Can you put a portable air conditioner on carpet|
|4. Can you put a portable air conditioner in a sliding door|
|5. Video Tutorial|
Right Way To Install Portable AC In a Sliding Glass Door
Let’s talk about it in more details and follow the steps below.
- First, the thing you need to do is cut a glass according to the size and dimensions of a hose and make sure you do it properly.
- Or you could hire a professional who could make a hole in the glass door perfectly. Once the hose fits in the glass door perfectly then, you can plug in the portable ac unit and turn it on, and also, the draining process will be done easily.
- The second thing you need to keep in mind is don’t place the portable air conditioner far away from the sliding glass door. Always place a portable air conditioning near the glass Sliding door. Because it will look good that way and not gonna ruin the looks of the house.
- Once you set up the portable ac unit in a sliding glass door, then you must be thinking about how am I gonna open the sliding door fully? Well, You can’t open the door fully after installing the portable ac sliding glass door kit.
- You would be able to open the sliding glass door easily but, not full to the extent. That is the only bad part about it and you can’t do anything about it.
Just in case, if you were wondering which portable air conditioner will be best for you to install in a sliding glass door. Then I highly suggest you check out this one De longhi 3 in 1 portable air conditioner.
What should be the sliding door size
The Size of the door does not really matter because no matter how small or big it is you can always install a portable air conditioner’s hose in it.
Installing portable ac is not easy at all because it takes a lot of hard work and tricks and techniques to install it perfectly.
Once you install portable ac unit’s hose properly then you’ll be good to go and enjoy you’re air conditioner’s cold air and cooling.
Can you put a portable air conditioner on carpet
Yes, you can put a portable air conditioner on a carpet, but if you want to move portable ac from one place to another.
It won’t be a good idea since every portable air conditioner has wheels and wheels don’t work well and would be difficult to roll on carpets.
But, if you ask me personally, how I feel about putting a portable ac unit on a carpet? I wouldn’t recommend you to put the ac unit on a carpet. Nor putting portable ac on a table
Because it ruins the looks of the air conditioners portable and I don’t like ruining looks. Therefore, I recommend putting a portable ac on the floor.
Can you put a portable air conditioner in a sliding door
How can you put a portable air conditioner in a sliding door? It is almost impossible to do so. But as always there’s a way to do it.
You can fit your portable ac into a sliding door but, in order to do that, you need to first cut the door according to the portable ac unit’s dimensions.
Once you cut the door according to a portable machine’s dimensions then, you can fit it in your sliding door easily. But then you won’t able to use the sliding door the way you used to before fitting the portable air conditioner.
- Blogs12 months ago
Can You Put a Portable Air Conditioner on a Table
- Best Portable AC4 months ago
Cheap Portable Air Conditioner Under $200
- Best Portable AC8 months ago
[BEST] Portable Air Conditioner in India – (2021)
- Best Portable AC1 year ago
Best Portable Air Conditioner 1 Ton
- Reviews11 months ago
TOSOT 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Review
- Reviews1 year ago
LG Portable Air Conditioner 14,000 BTU
- Best Portable AC1 year ago
[BEST REVIEW] Delonghi 3 in 1 Portable Air Conditioner 14000 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Reviews1 year ago
KORYO Lifestyle 1.2Ton Portable Air Conditioner Review